Today I picked two assignments for my 31 Days to Building a Better Blog. The first was running an advertisement audit. Along with decluttering my sidebar, I think I like the layout better.
- FAQ: How did you find out you are gluten intolerant?
- My Bedroom Floor Collapsed
- An untitled blog post of a picture I took from the Anza-Borrego Desert.
- My recipe for Gluten Free Biscuits and Gravy
- A Better Blogging Post about scheduling my blog posts.
Also I noticed that my Contact me/ Stalker Guide page has quite a few hits. I think Darren was right about the contact page.
Referring Sites Statistics
Next I looked at the referring sites. Most are google, facebook, twitter and my friends blog. Then there is a random blog about viagra that showed up. I am good with that. I’m not sure how to work with that information other than to work on my SEO in each post and maybe write more about sex (just kidding!).
I looked at the keywords that brought people to my blog and found it interesting.
dotchilatham.com is the most used keyword for finding my site. So is “baker’s acres”, “baker acres blog”, “Dotchi Latham” “bakers acres blog pic 2010” and “bakers acres hindi”.
The first thing I thought was, “Someone searched my name?” It’s not a common name like Joe Blow, Jane Doe, Sue Smith or anything. It’s rather original. I enjoyed my momentary ego-boost and kept scrolling.
The big keywords that stand out are about gluten free bread, android apps and medical issues. I jotted down a few ideas that I got from those, looked for a calendar to print to make a full month posting schedule and then got lost in farmville. Note to self: Work on ADD issues!
My Audience Statistics
I got curious about where people are that view my blog so I checked out the audience stats. That was pretty cool! My audience is broader than I thought. For this week alone I have readers from (in order of greatest views to least amount of views):
- United States