Facebook has really screwed up this time. The first thing I noticed, since I have ADD, is how ridiculous it is to have a ticker running your friends every move on Facebook right there in Facebook. That’s like building a Wal*Mart inside a Wal*Mart. Now while I am IN Facebook, I see everything that is happening every second scrolling down the right hand side of my screen. My ADD and that ticker are mortal enemies. I can’t freaking focus with it running all the updates. Before I could continue to analyze the Facebook layout, I HAD to figure out how to get rid of that feed!
- Download Google Chrome.
- Open chrome and click on the + for a new tab (at the top)
- On the new tab will be an icon for “web store”, Click it.
- On the top right corner is a search box. Type in “Get rid of facebook ticker” and hit enter.
- It will show several extensions that will kill that dang blasted Facebook sidebar that I hate so much!
- Once you find the one you like, click on “Add to Chrome”… wait for it to load and then go back to facebook.
- Refresh facebook and enjoy!